By Steven Grady
Agent Permissions allow Admins greater control over what functions Agents can access.
Imagine if an Agent accidentally publishes an FAQ article which is meant for internal purposes only, or includes invalid instructions on an article your end-user can see. What if an Agent accidentally sends an incorrect bulk Reply & Resolve to 10,000 Issues? Those are serious errors resulting in unnecessary friction within your support organization and your user base. This update prevents that problem.
To ensure this doesn’t happen to you, we’ve released “Configurable Agent Permissions”. This will now allow Admins to set permissions for the following:
- Write access to FAQs: New Agents will have only read access to FAQs by default.
- Bulk Edit: The agents will have bulk edit enabled by default
How to Set Permissions:
You will now find a new page for “Permissions” visible under the Settings tab under Organization:
Here you will be able to customize your Agent Permissions:
- Can edit FAQs? YES or NO
- Yes: Agents can read and edit FAQs
- No: Agents can read FAQs only
- Allow bulk-edit of Issues YES or NO
- Yes: Agents can perform bulk-edits on Issues
- No: Agents cannot perform bulk-edits on Issues
Please note that by configuring permissions, you are editing for ALL Agents on your team.
Customize Edit FAQ access for Agents
If you’ve Configured your FAQ Permissions so your Agents CANNOT Edit FAQs, your Agents FAQ page will display as so:
- Agents will not be able to add, edit, or delete new and existing FAQs/Sections
- Agents will be unable to reorder FAQs/Sections
- Agents will be unable to view the option to ‘Update FAQs via CSV or html’
Other Items to Note:
- In order to view the entire FAQ article, an Agent will need to click on ‘Preview’
- In order to view the FAQ translations, an Agent will need to switch the language at the top
Customize bulk-edit access for Agents
If you’ve Configured your Bulk-Edit Issue Permissions so your Agents CANNOT perform bulk-edits, your Agent’s view will display as so:
- Agents will no longer see checkboxes next to each Issue row on the Issues Feed
- Agents will no longer be able to ‘Select All’ Issues at the top of the Issues Feed