To understand the importance of feedback bots, let’s briefly think about the modern customer support journey for mobile app users. Organized correctly, the journey efficiently takes an app user from their initial ticket inquiry to final resolution by offering a combination of personalized assistance and self-help solutions.
However, optimizing that process is nearly as important as solving the dilemma in the first place. This is where in-app feedback plays a crucial role in the customer journey. Following resolution, users must be able to seamlessly provide feedback about their experience that allows developers to improve processes and ultimately prevent issues before they arise.
Why, then, do so many apps make it difficult for their users to provide post-resolution feedback? It comes as no surprise that receiving great user feedback is a critical component of optimizing your customer experience. But when your users can only provide feedback through email, mobile, and push notifications, you’re negatively impacting both their experience and your ability to provide for them. Less than 25% of people respond to email surveys nowadays, forcing apps to get creative about their feedback reception.
What if you could drastically increase that rate while keeping people in the app and making it easy for them to have their voices heard? What if you could become a champion for your users, ultimately making their experience smoother and creating loyal, lifetime customers?
With in-app feedback bots, you can. In this blog, we’ll discuss what in-app feedback is, how it improves user experience, and how it impacts your revenue.
Understanding In-App Feedback Bots
In-app feedback bots are custom bots that encourage users to provide feedback directly in the app after their customer support experience. As opposed to disruptive and disconnected email surveys and push notifications, in-app feedback happens naturally, resulting in three major positives:
- Higher response rate — When a ready-to-complete feedback survey is presented to the user, they are more likely to spend a few minutes providing feedback rather than leaving the app to answer an email or respond to a push notification.
- More accurate feedback — While users may stumble upon an email survey days after their interaction, in-app feedback allows them to respond immediately following resolution, resulting in the most accurate feedback possible.
- In-app usage — In-app feedback causes users to stay in the app and continue using your product immediately following resolution.
How Do In-App Feedback Bots Impact the Support Journey?
When implemented correctly, these custom bots are a crucial piece of completing your user’s customer support journey. Here’s how they fit in:
- Expecting prompt resolution, the user submits a ticket using a self-service function within your app’s customer support function.
- Using intent-based software, the user’s request is categorized into common issues.
- The user is delivered instant recommendations to solve their problem from a database of resources created to aid in the resolution process.
- When needed, the user interacts with in-app customer support professionals to promptly solve their dilemma.
- Finally, the user receives a post-resolution in-app survey that allows them to quickly provide feedback that you can use to optimize your product and overall customer experience.
Without this critical final piece of the puzzle, you are left in the dark — did your user enjoy their customer support experience? Was their problem resolved in an appropriate amount of time? How can you make their experience even better next time?
In-app feedback bots complete the customer support journey, ultimately creating a positive UX even when a user is experiencing difficulties.
Using Feedback to Improve Revenue
When users win, you win. Your ability to solve problems consistently and provide a safe place for users to give their feedback is crucial in your overall success. In fact, optimizing the feedback process can indirectly improve revenue in these three fashions:
Reviews are critical in terms of revenue generation. Studies show that apps with more than 200 reviews generate nearly double the amount of annual revenue than the average app. What’s more, 4- and 5-star ratings immediately boost your brand reputation among app users.
In-app feedback bots have a direct impact on this as more people are likely to fill out the survey when it is presented directly to them. And when your customer support is automated, accurate, and user-friendly, you are more likely to generate higher reviews.
Speaking about higher reviews, you are far more likely to retain satisfied customers and create lifetime users when you prove you care about their experience. In-app feedback directly allows you to release product updates, remodel the customer support journey, and strategize other user-centric fixes. In turn, you can create a memorable impression on your user and keep them coming back time and time again.
Specifically in the mobile gaming industry, there is a wealth of opportunity when it comes to in-app purchases. As one of the most direct paths to revenue generation, upsells are crucial for your ability to improve customer LTV. However, if they are constantly halted by poor gameplay and unable to submit feedback to solve those problems, how can you expect them to remain a user, much less make in-app purchases?
Improve Your Feedback With Helpshift
As leaders in mobile app customer service, we believe that app users deserve better. From automated customer support to in-app feedback, it’s our goal to support the user through every interaction they have with your app.
Ready to experience the Helpshift difference for yourself? Learn more about our robust in-app services or request a demo to see our solutions in action.