The goal of customer service automation is to minimize the amount and importance of human labor in customer service. Using automation tools, technologies, and entire platforms, organizations can automate essential parts of their customer service functionality. Automating certain processes makes a customer service organization more efficient and the experience of both agents and customers more pleasant, expedited, and streamlined.
Why Does Automating Customer Service Matter to Businesses?
Accenture says that 61% of customers stopped doing business with at least one company in 2017 because of poor customer experience. Nearly a quarter of customers said they trust companies less than they did five years prior, and often, when they switch providers, it’s because of trust.
Given the decline in consumer trust of companies, you have to do everything in your power to make their experience a good one. Customer service automation is integral to this effort.
Automated Support from Helpshift
Helpshift’s customer service automation offering helps you respond to customers faster, resolve issues more effectively, lighten agent workloads, and lower customer support costs. Here are just a few ways that Helpshift enables customer service automation:
- Bots that automate workflows. Bots use decision-tree logic to respond (and sometimes even resolve) customer queries by taking an appropriate course of action. They can also loop in a human agent if they’re not able to resolve the issue on their own. With no code required, Helpshift’s visual bot builder makes it easy to build bots rapidly and test them instantly, so you can create automated interactions across your particular customer journey. (more info)
- Intelligent issue classification for automated ticket routing. Helpshift’s classification engine automates ticket routing and replaces manual triage and keyword-based tagging by labeling issues and triggering automated routing to the right agent or specialized bot. Because it’s AI-enabled, the classification engine continuously learns based on agent feedback.
- Automated issue routing. Helpshift’s automated routing enables you to separate and prioritize urgent and high-value cases and route them to the right bot or agent.
Customer service automation today can be highly customized with the use of AI and machine learning, as well as the abundance of customer data available. And with Helpshift’s Connected Customer Conversations approach, the merging of customer service automation with agent interaction is seamless and friction-free for customers.
Additional Information About Customer Service Automation
- Products: Customer Service Automation
- Products: Customer Service Bots Made Easy
- Blog post: The New World of Customer Service Automation is Here
- Blog post: Is ‘Personalized Automation’ an Oxymoron? Not in Customer Service.
- Blog post: Why Automated Customer Service Needs More Than Automations To Run It
- Blog post: How the Insurance Industry Set the Standard for Frustration-Free Automation